Please note the following important dates for Danvers Public Schools in NOVEMBER 2016:
- EARLY RELEASE – Wednesday, November 2, 2016. DHS and HRMS students will be dismissed at 12:45 p.m.; elementary students will be dismissed at 1:15 p.m. Lunch will be served.
- SEPAC meets on Wednesday, November 2, 2016 in the Holten-Richmond Middle School Library. The business meeting begins at 6:30 p.m. and presentation at 7:00 p.m.
Homework and Anxiety Workshop
This workshop is designed to help parents lessen homework anxiety, shifting from a negative to a positive result.
Presenter: Dr. David Stember holds a Ph.D. in clinical psychology and maintains faculty appointments at Harvard Medical School and McLean Hospital. He is a recognized expert in cognitive behavioral/exposure-based therapy for anxiety, learning and behavioral disorders. Dr. Stember is an internationally featured speaker who trains educators and consults to a variety of school districts throughout New England.
- Don’t forget that Daylight Savings Time ends on November 6th at 2:00 a.m. Turn your clocks back one hour!
- DanversCARES will hold its November meeting on November 7th, 9:00 a.m. at DHS in room C213. The public is cordially invited to participate.
- There is NO SCHOOL for DANVERS HIGH SCHOOL ONLY on TUESDAY, NOV. 8, 2016 to accommodate voting in the Presidential Election.
- There will be NO SCHOOL on Friday, November 11th as DPS observes Veterans Day.
- The Danvers School Committee will meet in regular session on Monday, November 14, 2016 at 7:00 p.m. in the Francis Mills Communication Center (Room E105) at Danvers High School. The public is cordially invited to attend.
- DEEP will hold its next meeting on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 at 7:45 a.m. at People’s United Bank, High Street. The public is welcomed to attend.
- Danvers Public Schools will dismiss students for the Thanksgiving Holiday on Wednesday, November 23 2016 at the following times:
- DHS and HRMS – 11:35 a.m.
- Elementary Schools – 12:05 p.m.
NO LUNCH WILL BE SERVED ON 11/23
- Classes resume on Monday, November 28th
- We are pleased to announce the dedication of the Ellison Morse Field at Deering Stadium will take place on November 24th during halftime at the Danvers Falcons vs. Gloucester Thanksgiving Football game here in Danvers. The dedication will be preceded by a pre-game coffee hour hosted by the Danvers Educational Enrichment Partnership (DEEP). We hope you can join us as we recognize Mr. Phillip H. Morse for his commitment, support and very generous donations to the Fields Project and the Friends of Danvers Recreation.
- Please visit your child’s school website often, where important dates, meetings, menus, newsletters and information are posted and readily available.
Wishing all of the Danvers Public Schools Community a Happy Thanksgiving Holiday with family and friends
Dr. Lisa Dana
Danvers Public Schools Website –
Like us on Facebook – Danvers Public Schools
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Danvers-Public-Schools/281720751861771?ref=br_tf or follow us on Twitter @Tweet_DPS.
The following are important dates for Danvers Public Schools in April 2014:
- The next Early Release day for Staff Development will be on Wednesday,
April 2nd. Danvers High School and Holten-Richmond Middle School students will
be dismissed at 12:45 p.m. Elementary students will be dismissed at 1:15 p.m. Lunch WILL be served.
- Please visit the updated Danvers Educational Enrichment Partnership (DEEP) Website, http://www.supportdeep.org/ for information on events, sponsorships and programs. Please “Like” DEEP on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Danvers-Educational-Enrichment-Partnership/138165879539945
- Catch the DEW – Danvers Education Watch. Danvers Community Access Television has added many new programs of interest to their “video on demand” page for Danvers Public Schools. Danvers Educational Watch (DEW) has begun broadcasting the Olweus Bullying Program video through April 8, 2014. Comcast customers can see it on Channel 5 and Verizon customers on Channel 37. You may watch this and many other DPS programs by visiting the “video on demand” page at http://www.danverstv.org/
and clicking on Danvers School Programming.
- Danvers SEPAC‘s next meeting is Wednesday, April 2 at 6:30 p.m. in the library at Holten-Richmond Middle School. This workshop will address the special education evaluation process and types of evaluations. School psychologists will be on hand to answer questions.
Dr. Mary Tatem, Director of Student Services, will present information on MCAS accommodations and will take questions about the process.
All SEPAC workshops are open to the public. If you plan on attending this very informative presentation, please email co-chairs Deb Zorzonello at [email protected] or co-chair Keri Smith Holian at [email protected].
- DEEP will hold its next meeting on Wednesday, April 9th at Peoples United Bank at 7:45 a.m.
- Kindergarten Parent Information/Orientation meeting will be held in the Danvers High School Auditorium on Wednesday, April 9th at 6:30 p.m. All parents of students entering DPS Kindergarten are urged to attend this very important meeting.
- The next meeting of the Danvers School Committee will take place on Monday, April 14, 2014 in the Francis Mills Communication Center, room E105, at Danvers High School at 7 p.m.
- There will be NO SCHOOL in observance of Good Friday on Friday, April 18th. School will be closed for April vacation from April 21 – 25, 2014.
Have a great and safe April vacation!
64 Cabot Road
Danvers, MA 01923
Email: [email protected]
Tel.: 978 – 777 – 4539
Fax: 978 – 777 – 8931
Translate this page: