Ongoing Community Service Opportunities Involving Charity Organizations
Health Associations (Cancer, Diabetes, Red Cross)
- AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY: Making Strides Against Breast Cancer of Boston unites the community to honor and celebrate breast cancer survivors, educate women about the importance of prevention and early detection, and raise funds to help the Society raise money to end this disease. Contact Erin Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 508-270-4643. To register as an individual or view the volunteer options, visit the website at www.makingstrideswalk.org/bostonma
- AMERICAN DIABETES ASSOCIATION: For information call 1-888-Diabetes. Ext. 3487 or Diabetes.org
- AMERICAN HEART/STROKE ASSOCIATION: For volunteer opportunities and information contact Jamie Aspenson, Director of High School Heart Chase at email@example.com
- AMERICAN RED CROSS: Needs volunteers for registration & refreshment services at Danvers location. Contact Georgia Cirillo 978-794-5625, Ext. 14
- LYNDA J. TALBOT 8th Annual Memorial 5K Run/Walk : Held Annually in Sept. The race begins at the Great Oak School, located on 76 Pickering Street, Danvers, Ma. For more information you can contact Julie Donnelly, Event Director, at 978-857-8073. You can also visit the event website at http://https://www.facebook.com/6th-Annual-Lynda-J-Talbot-Memorial-WalkRun-92516-975421399188174/)
- MAKING STRIDES Against Breast Cancer Walk/Boston: This ANNUAL walk is in, October and begins at the DCR Hatch Shell, 47 David G. Mugar Way, Boston, Ma., at 8:00 a.m. Making Strides Against Breast Cancer is a celebration of survivorship-an occasion to express hope and our shared determination to make this breast cancer’s last century. All funds raised are used to support groundbreaking breast cancer research, life-saving education and critical patient services-all by walking! Join more than 1 million volunteers nationwide. Volunteers are needed for set up or at the walk itself. If you are interested in volunteering, you can contact Grace Brigham, Coordinator, Division Event Support of the American Cancer Society at 508-270-4643, or at firstname.lastname@example.org. A flyer with all volunteer opportunities is available in the Guidance Office, A confirmation letter will be sent to you, including directions and instructions for the position that you choose. Help support this year’s Making Strides Breast Cancer event.
- MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL HOSPITAL Cancer Center Annual LungStrong 5K: This 5K will be held in, May 2019, at the Cherry Hill Corporate Center, 72 Cherry Hill Drive, Beverly, Ma. You can register online at http://www.lungstrong.org. For more information contact Diane Legg at email@example.com, or at 978-518-5433.
- NORTH SHORE CANCER 2017 WALK: The 27th annual North Shore Cancer Walk will take place in June. It will start at Salem Willows Park, and wind through historic downtown Salem. The scenic 10K (6.2 miles) Cancer Walk brings together thousands of participants for an unforgettable celebration of life, courage and community. Proceeds from the 2017 Cancer Walk will support oncology services at North Shore Medical Center and the Massachusetts General/North Shore Cancer Center. For more information go to northshorecancerwalk.org.
Walks & Events