Programs Enhancing Children’s Success & Health
- Beverly School for the Deaf/The Children’s Center for Communication Summer Fair: Sugar Me Sweet Natural Skin Care is proud to present this “Fun” Raiser to support the Children’s Center for Communication/Beverly School for the Deaf. This event is being held on Saturday, June TBD, 2018, 11:00-3:00 p.m. at the Vittori-Rocci Post, located at 143 Brimbal Avenue, Beverly, Ma. There will be local vendors, crafters and service providers, and a 50/50 raffle. Volunteers are needed from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for set-up, assisting vendors, selling raffle tickets, assisting with carnival game tables, face painting, and clean-up. To sign up for this event you can email Rhonda Giarratana, Founder of Sugar Me Sweet Natural Skin Care/Fundraiser Coordinator at SugarMeSweet@outlook.com, or call 978-777-2714, or 351-201-0481. If you call and leave a message, clearly give her your name, your email address, and your telephone number, and she will contact you to confirm!
- CRADLES TO CRAYONS PROGRAM: Tracie Ewing, Danvers High School teacher/Program Coordinator. This program supports children living in foster care, with the collection of clothing and toys. This collection drive begins in October and runs through November. This is a great way to have the Danvers High School community participate in a very worthwhile effort. If you are interested in volunteering, please see Ms. Ewing in Room C212 for details. You can also email Ms. Ewing at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 978-777-8928, Ext. 2603.
- HEALTHY Kid’s Day: Sponsored each year in April, by the Danvers YMCA from 1:00-3:00 p.m. Volunteers are needed for children’s face painting, monitoring games and activities including a bouncy house, and handing out water. Volunteers are needed from 12:00-4:00 p.m., which includes set-up and clean-up. The Danvers YMCA is located at 34 Pickering Street, Danvers, Ma. For more information you can contact Suzanne Malach, Community Outreach Director, Danvers YMCA at 978-774-2055, Ext. 23, or at email@example.com.
Programs Assisting the Elderly
- BRIGHTVIEW Senior Living: Has volunteer opportunities at Brightview in Danvers, located at 50 Endicott Street. Brightview Senior Living creates vibrant living experiences for their residents, and needs volunteers to engage residents in activities in their dementia care neighborhood. If you are interested in working with older adults, they would like to hear from you! As a volunteer you will learn about caring for adults with dementia, facilitate small group activities, and provide 1:1 social visits with residents. This is a great experience for students interested in pursuing a career in health and human services. To volunteer contact Nina Oberlin, Wellspring Director at 978-750-6111, or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Flyers are also available through Ms. LeBlanc, Community Service Coordinator, in the Guidance Office.
- DANVERS COUNCIL ON AGING: Volunteers needed for monthly dinners, holiday events and fairs, and weekly activities. Contact Cathy Andre, Volunteer Coordinator at 978-762-0208, Ext. 103 or at email@example.com. The Danvers Council on Aging is located at the Danvers Senior Center, 23 Stone Street, Danvers, Ma. www.dcoa.org.
- HUNT NURSING AND REHABILITATION CENTER: Volunteers needed who will play bridge/card games with the residents, play the piano during their dinner meal, polish nails, and assist at their Holiday Party each December. They also need help decorating their center for the holidays, just after Thanksgiving! It’s about providing quality time and making friendly visits. They also welcome choral groups. All volunteers must take a two-hour dementia training class. For further information contact Susan Berg, Activity Director, at 978-777-3740, Ext. 226, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- HUNT NURSING AND REHABILITATION CENTER SPRING Extravaganza! The Hunt Nursing Center hosts their Annual SPRING Extravaganza each March. Volunteers are needed for set-up, run games, and for clean-up. For more information contact Susan Berg, Activity Director, at 978-777-3740, Ext. 226, or at email@example.com. The Hunt Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is located at 90 Lindall Street, Danvers, Ma.
- LEDGEWOOD REHABILITATION in BEVERLY: For volunteer opportunities contact Tracy Valletti @ 978-524-6164 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- PUTNAM FARM AT DANVERS Senior Living Facility: Is looking for volunteers to socialize with their residents. For more information contact call 978-705-1330. Located at 9 Summer Street, Danvers, Ma.
- SEASONS OF DANVERS Independent/Assisted Living Facility: Looking for choral/musical groups/dance, and volunteers to run jeopardy and bingo games, sing holiday songs and assist with crafts. For volunteer opportunities contact Connie Boris, Programming Director at 978-777-0230, Ext. 305/seasonsofdanvers.com. Located at 44 Summer Street, Danvers, Ma