Do You Have a Passion for Education or Want to Be a Teacher One Day?
Start by getting involved and volunteering:
- HIGHLANDS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL: To inquire about available opportunities, contact Paula Jones, Principal, at 978-774-5011 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- HIGHLANDS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL “Monster Mash”: The Highlands Elementary School is hosting their Annual Halloween “Monster Mash” on Saturday, October TBD, 2018. Volunteers are needed on Friday, October TBD, 2018, from 3:30-8:00 p.m. for set-up and to help decorate in preparation for the party, as well as to assist in monitoring students of parent volunteers. On Saturday, October TBD, 2018, volunteers are needed from 4:30 – 7:00 p.m., during the event, and a clean-up crew is needed 7:00 – 9:30 p.m. This is guaranteed to be a fun-filled event! Any questions you can contact Michelle Norbakaat 781-864-7294, or email@example.com. Students interested in volunteering should see Ms. LeBlanc, Community Service Coordinator, in the guidance office. The Highlands Elementary School is located at 190 Hobart Street, Danvers, Ma.
- HIGHLANDS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL MOVIE NIGHT: The Highlands Elementary School Fifth Grade Committee will be hosting a school-wide Movie Night on Friday, December TBD, 2018 from 5:30-8:00 p.m. Volunteers are needed to assist with handing out water and popcorn, and overseeing students during the movie. Volunteers are needed from 5:00-8:30 p.m. If you are interested in volunteering, contact Jen Petroccione, Treasurer, Highlands Elementary School firstname.lastname@example.org. Highlands Elementary School is located at 190 Hobart Street, Danvers, Ma.
- HIGHLANDS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL “Savers Fundraiser”: Volunteers are needed to assist with the Highlands Elementary School “Savers Fundraiser” on Saturday, November TBD, 2017, from 10:00-12:00 Noon. Volunteers are needed to assist in loading trucks. For more information and to sign-up, contact Ms. Pamela Ames at email@example.com, or at 978-774-5011. Highlands Elementary School is located at 190 Hobart Street, Danvers, Ma.
- HIGHLANDS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL PAC/EPILEPSY FOUNDATION CLOTHING DRIVE: Is in need of volunteers on Saturday, June TBD, 2018, at the Highlands Elementary School, located at 190 Hobart Street, Danvers, Ma. Six volunteers are needed to assist in unloading the trucks from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 Noon. For more information or to volunteer please contact Melissa Forest, Co-Vice President of the High lands Elementary School PAC at 978-317-3902, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- RIVERSIDE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL/DANVERS: Is looking for volunteers. If you are interested, contact Kimberly Silva, School Social Worker at 978-774-5010, Ext 6037, or at email@example.com
- RIVERSIDE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL Carnival: Will host their annual carnival on Friday, September TBD, 2018, from 5:00-7:00 p.m.Volunteers are needed from 4:30-7:30 p.m. for set-up, to supervise students, to assist with face painting, to run carnival games, help with the bounce house and clean-up. If you are interested please contact Traci Swanton, Riverside Elementary School PAC Co-President firstname.lastname@example.org. Riverside Elementary School is located at 95 Liberty Street, Danvers, Ma.
- RIVERSIDE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL “Spooky Bash!”: The Riverside Elementary School hosts their annual Spooky Bash on Friday, October TBD, 2018, from 6:00-8:00 p.m. Volunteers are needed from 5:30-8:30 p.m. for set-up, to supervise students, for face painting, for arts and crafts, and clean-up. Any questions, you can contact Barbara Clark, Event Co-Chair at email@example.com, or at 978-500-0327. Students interested in volunteering should see Ms. LeBlanc, Community Service Coordinator, in the guidance office. Riverside Elementary School is located at 95 Liberty Street, Danvers, Ma.
- RIVERSIDE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL Inside Courtyard Garden: The Riverside Elementary School has created an Inside Courtyard Garden with their newly created Garden Club which includes 15 first and second grade students. The Garden Club meets every Wednesday, beginning in April and continues to meet through June. Meetings run from 2:30-3:30 p.m. Volunteers are needed from 2:15-4:00 p.m., to assist with seeding, compost work, set-up and clean-up. For more information you can contact Karen Ranieri, Riverside Elementary School Garden Club Coordinator, at 617-794-4488, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Riverside Elementary School is located at 95 Liberty Street, Danvers, Ma.
- SMITH ELEMENTARY SCHOOL/DANVERS:Will host their annual “North Pole Family Event” on December TBD, 2018.The event is organized by the Smith Elementary School PAC. They need volunteers to help with crafts/games, set-up and clean-up. Volunteers are needed from 5:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. They also need a volunteer who is interested in dressing up as “Smitty the Bulldog” for the event. If you are interested in volunteering, contact Kimberly Silva at email@example.com.
- EDCamp DANVERS: EdCamp Danvers hosts an innovative form of professional development supported by the Edcamp Foundation, in conjunction with the Massachusetts Teachers Association and the support of the Holten-Richmond Middle School in Danvers. Seventy plus educators from across the North Shore attended in December of 2017. Volunteers are needed to assist with set-up, breakdown, and assisting attendees to navigate the building. If you are interested in the 2017 program, please contact Jeffrey Bartlett, Health Education Teacher, at the Holten Richmond Middle School at 978-774-8590, Ext. 3258, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Holten-Richmond Middle School is located at 55 Conant Street, Danvers, Ma.
- FAMILY MATH and LITERACY NIGHT: The Danvers Public Schools Family Math and Literacy Night is held each March, in the Multi-Purpose Room at the Holten-Richmond Middle School, 55 Conant Street, Danvers, Ma., from 6:30-7:30 p.m. Volunteers are needed from 6:00-8:00 p.m. to check in families, distribute event bracelets, collect/organize food pantry donations, fill out participation certificates, and monitor activity stations/assist presenters. Contact Maria DiChiara, Title I Coordinator, at 978-777-8928, Ext. 2441, if you are interested in this great volunteer opportunity.
- OMEGA SUMMIT AT MIT: The MIT AgeLab wants YOU for OMEGA! Are you a high school student interested in creating connections between teens and older adults in your community? Do you know high school students interested in volunteering with older adults? OMEGA is an MIT AgeLab initiative designed to foster multigenerational connections between high school students and older adults. The goal of OMEGA is to strengthen relationships and promote connections across generations. Students will brainstorm with other students, professionals and community members, ways of strengthening intergenerational connections in their communities. They will also learn about scholarships available for juniors and seniors who demonstrate excellent efforts in their schools to build relationships with older adults. The MIT AgeLab is recruiting high school students in grades 9-12, from across New England for the OMEGA Summit, a fun, informative and collaborative event on Saturday, October TBD, 2018, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Questions can be directed to email@example.com or call Carley Ward at 617-253-1894. Students must RSVP by October TBD, 2018. You can also visit the website at http://agelab.mit.edu/omega.
- PEABODY INSTITUTE LIBRARY: Volunteers needed for special projects and general help, as well as working in the Children’s Room. Contact Alan Thibeault, Library Director, or Suzanne MacLeod, Assistant Director at 978-774-0554. www.danverslibrary.org. 15 Sylvan Street, Danvers, MA.