Access to your grades and attendance through PowerSchool is being provided to you as another form of communication with
your teachers. More importantly, it is to help all of us in our efforts to support your education. Please read these guidelines
carefully and fill out the “Request for PowerSchool Student Access” form. Usernames and passwords will be distributed
following a brief orientation.
Please read the following Acceptable Use Guidelines:
1. Username and passwords are to be kept confidential. Do not share your username/password with anyone.
a. The district accepts no responsibility in the event the username and password is shared, given, stolen, or in any other
way, becomes the possession of a person other than the student.
b. In the event a username/password is compromised, the student can contact the school to have the password changed.
c. If you forget your username and/or password, you will be required to fill out a written request form that can be obtained
in the high school office or downloaded from the school website.
2. All technical concerns about PowerSchool should be addressed to Lisa Zaia in person or by email at email@example.com.
a. The school district does not provide technical support for your home computer system.
b. Users must realize that email and other communications via the Internet are not guaranteed to be private.
3. All student access to PowerSchool is monitored. The Student Access Log lists date of login, time accessed, and duration of
login (in minutes).
4. Even though you will be able to check your progress 24 hours a day/7 days a week, checking your progress and/or grades
during class time is unacceptable, unless a teacher has specifically directed you to do so. If needed, you may use a school
computer to check your progress and/or grades before or after school.
5. Teachers will generally post their grades within 10 school days of the assignment due date. Some assignments may take
much longer to grade. Please be patient. Do not contact teachers requesting a grade sooner than 10 school days.
6. Averages may seem low or high at the beginning of a quarter; averages in the early part of a term can fluctuate greatly when
even a minor assignment is entered. As more assignments are entered, the quarter average will be closer to the final grade.
If you are missing an assignment or if an assignment is not yet entered into the gradebook, then your quarter grade in
PowerSchool may not accurately reflect your progress. You should take this into consideration as you monitor your progress
7. You must adhere to the following protocol in the order listed before contacting any teacher about concerns regarding your
grades as they appear in PowerSchool:
a. Make sure 10 school days have passed from an assignment’s due date.
b. Make sure you have checked the teacher’s grading policy posted on his/her course page.
c. Set up a time with your teacher to discuss your concern.
d. If errors are suspected in any assignment scores, the student must show the assignment to the teacher for review.
8. PowerSchool portal should not be used as the only tool to determine missing assignments or missed classwork since:
a. the length of time allotted for a teacher to enter grades is longer than the length of time a student is allotted to makeup
b. some class assignments will not be recorded in the gradebook
9. Final quarter grades will be posted on the day report cards are sent home.
1. I understand that the school district is providing this access as a privilege, and if I abuse my access, my account will be
suspended and/or terminated.
2. I understand that the Danvers Public Schools is not liable for any damages to my personal equipment incurred when
connected to the PowerSchool System.
3. In consideration of using the Danvers Public School District network and having access to my student’s grades and
attendance, I hereby release the Danvers Public School District and its officers, employees, and agents from any claims and
damages from my use of the system.
4. I understand that the school will continue to send report cards home at the end of each quarter; however, the school will no
longer issue progress reports via hardcopy.
Disclaimer: This system is provided only as an educational support for you. The information provided by the PowerSchool Student Portal is not an
official record. For official student records contact your school. Neither this institution nor Pearson Education accepts any responsibility for
information provided by this system and/or for any damages resulting from information provided by this system.