Effective September 1, 1999, regulations issued by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts REQUIRE that all students entering seventh grade as well as others who are 12 to 13 years old, submit documentation of all required immunizations and updated physicals. Please keep the following immunizations in mind when scheduling your child’s physical appointments.
By seventh grade (or age 12 – 13), all students should have had:
- 2 doses of varicella vaccine or a physician-certified reliable history of
- 2 doses of the MMR (measles, mumps and rubella) vaccine
- 3 doses of the hepatitis B vaccine
- Vaccinations for Haemophilus influenzae type B (Hib)
- a Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis booster within the last 5 years
- a Physical Exam within the last year
Please do not assume that your Doctor will forward this information to the schools. It is your responsibility to see that the immunizations are given and to provide a copy of the physical examination and the vaccination documentation to the schools. We sincerely appreciate your cooperation and assistance with this State mandate.
Thank you. Susan Rich, R.N., B.S.N Janelle Moroney, R.N., B.S.N