Work Permit Information
All teens under 18 years of age must complete a work permit application and get a work permit before starting a new job.
Work permits for Danvers residents between the ages of 14 and 18 may be obtained at the Danvers High School Guidance Office on 60 Cabot Road. Minors must provide the specific employer, work address, and job description in order to receive a permit. For more information and Office Hours to complete the permit, please email email@example.com.
Steps for Getting a Work Permit:
- Download a work permit application or pick one up at the Danvers High School Guidance Office or Main Office.
- Obtain a job offer from an employer.
- Ask the employer to complete the Promise of Employment section of the work permit application.
- For 14 and 15 year-olds only (16 and 17 year-olds may skip this step): Ask your doctor to complete the Physician’s Certificate of Health section of the work permit application.
- Both the minor and the parent/guardian must sign the form.
- Return the completed application to the Danvers High School Guidance office.
For more information, see the Commonwealth of Massachusetts’ Youth Employment page.